Monday, February 29, 2016

Kare Kano: his and her circumstances volume 1


287380

Today's post is on Kare Kano: his and her circumstances volume 1 by Masami Tsuda. It is 176 pages long and is published by Tokyopop. The cover has Yukino, the main female lead, on it. The intended reader is someone who likes shojo, high school manga, and humorous love stories. There is no language, no sex, and no violence in this book. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Yukino Miyaqzawa has it all- perfect grades, looks, the admiration of her peers. She's the #1 student at her school... at least she was until he showed up. The new boy, Soichiro Arima, one-ups her in every department. And the worst thing about it is that he's sincere! With her ego in jeopardy, Yukino will do whatever it takes to regain the spotlight, but falling in love was never part of the plan.

Review- A cute and funny high school romance. Yukino's inner thoughts are great but I wanted more from Soichiro. Towards the end of the volume we get to see some into his tragic past but I want more character development from him in the next volume. Yukino has some great development in this first volume. And I believe that her changes are real. She has to deal with someone getting to see the 'real' her that she is not proud of and what that means to her. Of course young love makes everything more dramatic but it was a fun read and I am looking forward to seeing where this long series goes.

I give this volume a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment