Monday, February 15, 2016

Hellsing volume 9


4792239

Today's post is on Hellsing volume 9 by Kohta Hirano. It is 226 pages long and is published by Dark Horse. The cover has Alucard and Walter on it. The intended reader is someone who likes retellings, dark humor, and lots of action. There is language, no sex, and lots of violence in this volume. The story is told from third person god perspective. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- After Alucard's triumphant return, the streets of London were flooded with the blood of vampire Nazi soldiers and crazed Catholic warriors. After the dust settled, only the Hellsing order of Protestant knights was left standing. Now it's up to the earthly agents of divine punishment to save the souls of the innocent. However, chaos soon engulfs the streets yet again. Come to find out, not all the Nazis were vanquished after all. Will Alucard and his allies have what it takes to save what is left of the city?

Review- Everything is coming together now. But they still have not explained Walter's betrayal for me. I think that it has to do with fighting Alucard but I am not sure. That said it is a very fast -paced race to the end. The Nazi leader wanted to die to foes who are worthy, Alucard wants to eat people, and Seras is just trying to defend her city. Much of what is going on it action so that makes this review a little harder to write. I want to know why Walter betrayed the Hellsings so long ago. He is the reason that they failed to finish the job back in 1944, he is the reason that Sir Hellsing's father was killed, and he is the reason for this attack. But I do not think that Alucard really cares for why. Only one more volume and maybe I will get some answers.

I give this volume a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment