Monday, June 15, 2015

XXXHolic volume 11

1188297

Today's post is on XXXHolic volume 11 by CLAMP. It is the tenth in the series, so you need to have read the first ten to understand the story. It is 178 pages long and is published by DEL REY. The cover has Yuko on it looking very pretty and wrapping around to Watanuki on the back. The intended reader is someone who likes Japanese mythology, ghost stories, and very pretty pictures. The story is told from Watanuki's perspective. There Be Spoilers Ahead.



From the back of the book- Kimihiro Watanuki has been saved from death by the sacrifices of his friends but his recovery time is cut short. His special connection with the spirit world is needed to investigate a terrifying haunted house, placate annoyed Warashi spirits, and face the growing threat of a shadowy figure called Fei-Wong Reed.



Review- Lots of plot happen in this volume. Watanuki is still very weak from almost dying in the last volume but he does not just stop his life. The haunted house really has nothing to do with him other than that he can see the ghost. He and Domeki have to deal with it but nothing that they cannot handle. But whatever is going on in the Tsubasa story line is affecting in one too. In addition to lots of plot there is lots of foreshadowing going on too. Whatever is around Watanuki is getting worse. As I have never gotten this far into the series before, all this is new to me and I am enjoying it. But this manga is only 19 volumes long so I am over half-way done with it. That makes me sad but it is so good.



I give this volume a Five out of Five stars. I get thing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment