Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Samurai Deeper Kyo volume 34

1968315

Today's post is on Samurai Deeper Kyo volume 34 by Akimine Kamijyo. It is published by Tokyopop. As it is the 34th in the series you need to have read the first 33 to understand the story. The cover has returned to Kyo and I am so happy, he is cool in a sunset with the red and orange light behind him. The intended reader is someone who likes samurais, lots of action, and surprising romance. There is mild language, implied sexuality, and lots of violence in this volume and series. Older teens and adults readers only is for the best. The story is told from third person god perspective with the thoughts of the main character's added in for plot and character development. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- The odds are stacked against the good guys! Not only do our heroes face Fubuki and Hishigi, but Akari, controlled by Hishigi's Medusa Eye, has turned from friend to foe! Shinrei, Hotaru, and Yuan attempt to mount a strike, but their effort proves futile against the indomitable Elders.
Meanwhile, sucked from the battle by his sword Tenro, Kyo comes face to face with the spirit of the original Crimson King. What shocking secrets will he reveal about Kyo- or the rest of his friends?

Reviews- Answers at last. It is revealed to Kyo and the others that he is the last real Mibu. Everyone else who claims to be from the Mubi clan is a battle doll that was created for the entertainment of the real ones. So that is why the current Mibu clan hates and wants to kill Kyo so that they can be the only Mibu's. I have to say I did not think was it. I was just thinking it was because Kyo refused to follow the path set before him by the Mibu clan. And that explains why the Mibu clan would go and get shamans from human villages because they needed the real human power. I have to say that I am impressed with the why of the story. Now we just need to get Kyo back in his body and save Yuya. But we the former crimson king in the way and I wish that Kyoshiro would hurry up whatever his plan is. Not that I think that his plan is going to work whatever it is. Unless it is to really piss Kyo off and make him to do something like kill the former crimson king, then I think that is working just fine. The last volumes of the series are in double volume sets so I will be reviewing them that way, I think. Only four more until the end.

I give this volume a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment