Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Samurai Deeper Kyo volume 32

5942473

Today’s post is Samurai Deeper Kyo volume 32 by Akimine Kamijyo. It is published by Tokyopop. As it is the 32th in the series you need to have read the first 31 to understand the story. The cover has Akira, Benitora, and Bontenmaru on it with in the inside cover having a joke made from the front cover. There is language, implied nudity, and lots of violence in this volume. The intended reader is someone who likes samurai manga, tons of plot and characters, and unexpected love stories. The story is told from the third person god perspective of the main characters with their thoughts added in for plot and character development. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Akira enters a life-threatening battle against Tokito, one of the Five Elders and heir of the great Muramasa, despite Anthony's warning that he's reached the zenith of his powers with no hopes of furthering his skill. Meanwhile, Benitora puts his life on the line and faces Spade, Tokito's right-hand man, in order to give his best friend the best chance against the seemingly undefeatable Elder- But are the two friends in way over their heads?


Review- This volume is about all about Akira. We get to see into his head and his thoughts as he thinks that he is going to die. I love Akira so this volume was just awesome to me. We get a couple of pages with Yuya and Sakuya but nothing really there. Mostly just showing the reader that they are having tea while everyone else is fighting and stuff. Akira just owns this. He, in my opinion, finally reaches Kyo. Akira has always felt that Kyo was ahead of him and was going to leave him behind but now I think that he has reached Kyo. Akira has a moment like Hotaru in last volume when he realizes who he is. And he is awesome. Akira goes all the way to finally push himself to where Kyo is and he makes it. Benitora is good background but we do not get to see his fight with Spade, which I think is too bad. I would have liked to have seen the two fights has they happen at the same time. Only six volumes left and I have no idea where Kamijyo is going to go next.


I give this volume Five stars out of Five. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment