Monday, October 6, 2014

Resist

13447149

Today’s post is on Resist by Sarah Crossan. It is the second in her Breathe doulogy. It is 360 pages long and is published by Greenwillow. The cover has the three main character’s standing in front of the dome with a red flower growing from the dry earth. The intended reader is someone who has read the first one, who likes dystopian and good winning. There is no sex, some mild language, and violence in this book. The story is told from the first person perspective of the main characters from one chapter to another. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the dust jacket- Run. Break away. Fight. Keep on breathing.
They are all outlaws. They are all fighters. And they can’t ever go back to the life they left behind. They don’t want to.
Bea
thought she knew what people meant when they talked about having broken hearts. She didn’t know a thing.
Quinn
doesn’t know what he was thinking. Now he’s alone and Bea’s practically alone, and he has no way of knowing when he’ll see here again.
Ronan
has never been alone before. Not truly. But now he is, and he has only one option left. Does he have the guts to take it.
Alina
can’t help feeling that she’s going to have a notable part to play in everyone’s destruction,
From the ashes of a dying world, a revolution is growing. And it starts with those who have already lost everything. The provocative and unforgettable conclusion to Sarah Crossan’s Breathe.

Review- This was a good close to the doulogy. The young adults save the world but the world is still in a bad way. Lots of bad things happen over the course of the story. More adults are bad and crazy. The young adults are forced to grow up and fix things. There is main character death but it is a good death. I found it very character fulfilling. The character that dies is doing it for the greater good. I like that Crossan did not make the death something to shock the reader into some emotional place. It felt to me like something a mature person would do. It really changed the way that I see the character now and I like that. There is much more action in this volume unlike the first one but that is because time is running out. Time is very present in this volume. I felt the time that the characters did not have. I felt the need to get moving like the characters. Another thing that I liked was Crossan did not 'pair the spares'. She does not hook up Ronan or Alina and there is no love triangle or square or anything like that. I think that makes her novel(s) unlike so much young adult out here at the moment. I will be reading Crossan’s next book.

I give this book Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I was given a copy of this book as a birthday gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment