Friday, July 18, 2014

Samurai Deeper Kyo Volume 16.

1135510

Today’s post is on Samurai Deeper Kyo Volume 16. It is written by Akimine Kamijyo and is published by Tokyopop. As it is the 16th in the series you need to have read the others in the series to get the story. The cover has Kyo and Hotaru fighting one looking cool; per normal. The intended reader is someone who likes fighting, interesting characters, and surprising romance and should be older teen or adult. There is language, no sex, and lots of violence in this series and book. The story is told from the third person point of view with character’s thoughts added in for plot and character development. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book-Kyo and Hotaru begin to a fight to the death at the first of the Five Shining Gates. The two collide in a sizzling-hot flame that burns up both their bodies- and makes the ground tremble! Then Kyo’s ultimate technique, Suzaku, rises up into the sky…
The action-packed samurai epic continues!

Review- So Kyo and Hotaru are being mules about life and things in general. Their interactions are funny and I am not sure that they should be. I think that maybe just me and my twisted sense of humor. But I think that the reader needs to have a little twist in their humor to truly love this series. The fighting is very serious and all then Kyo goes and is himself. But that I mean an ass. He fights a battle he could have lost then he is an ass to Hotaru after he loses. I guess Hotaru was not surprised but it was so sudden that I had to just laugh and remember who is the main character of this series- an ass. Yuya still has the water dragon in her heart and they are running out of time. It end with our heroes at the second gate and things are going to get real. Akira will be fighting in this next volume and I love him!

I give this series a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment