Monday, February 3, 2020

The Wolf-Boy is Mine, volume 1


31455610. sy475

Today’s post is on The Wolf-Boy is Mine, volume 1 by Yoko Nogiri. It is 160 pages long and is published by Kodansha Comics. The cover has the wolf boy Yu Ogami on it. The intended reader is someone who likes shojo manga, high school love stories, and paranormal love stories. There is no foul language, no sex, discussing of bulling and mild violence. The story is told from third person close of the main character Komugi. There Be Spoilers Ahead.
From the back of the book - Komugi’s not sure what to expect when her family moves to the remote northern island of Hokkaido, and she starts at a new high school. But she certainly didn’t expect a boy to come up to her and say, “Gee…you smell good, somehow!” That boy is Yu Ogami, and Komugi finds herself strangely drawn to him. But when she sees him in an unguarded moment, she discovers he’s a werewolf! Now she has a choice to make: to keep his secret, or to ask for help and risk angering a wolf-boy?
Review – A cute start to a high school love story. Komugi has moved because she was dealing with some bad bullying from other girls so she goes to live with her father, who she has not seen in many years. At first everything is okay but she attracts the attention of the cute popular boy Yu. Cue bullying, like what she had experienced before but the popular boys stop it. The real complication is that the cute boys in school are yokai, supernatural beings, and other normal humans cannot know about their real nature. I think that this series is going to be sadder than my other more recent series but I like the art, the characters are interesting and sympathetic, the world is getting more fleshed out with each chapter; so I am on board for this cute love story and I will hope for the best.

I give this manga a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment