Monday, February 10, 2020

Midnight Secretary, volume 1


6337896

Today's post is on Midnight Secretary, volume 1 by Tomu Ohmi. It is 188 pages long and is published by Shojo Beat. It is the first in the series. The cover is purple with the two main characters on it looking at the reader. The intended reader is someone who likes romance with adults characters and vampires. There is mild foul language, sexuality, and no violence in this manga. The story is told from first person close of the main character Kaya. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book - Kaya Soatzuka prides herself on being an excellent secretary and a consummate professional, so she doesn't even bat an eye when she's reassigned to the office of her company's difficult director, Kyohei Tohma. He's as prickly- and hot- as rumors paint him, but Kaya is unfazed... until she discovers that he's a vampire.

Review - It has been a while since I have a josei series so this was a nice change of pace for my manga reading. All the characters in this manga are adults, they have jobs and responsibilities, they have personal goals, and they have sex lives. Kaya is a very good secretary and has been given a promotion to be the personal secretary to one of the vice presidents of her company. He is very hard to work as he is very busy and expects a lot of his secretaries. Also Kyohei wants a cute secretary but Kaya is very careful about how she is seen as she is very sensitive as she looks much younger than her real age. I like all the characters so far, the plot is very standard but the characters are interesting enough that I had a good time reading it. I am very curious about how the romance between Kaya and Kyohei is going to happen and I am sure that there will be some great over-the-top drama coming in the next seven volumes and I look forward to it.

I give this manga a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment