Monday, February 24, 2020

Daytime Shooting Star, volume 1


42641091

Today’s post is on Daytime Shooting Star, volume 1 by Mika Yamamori. It is 200 pages long and is published by Shojo Beat. The cover is light blue with the main characters on it. The intended reader is someone who likes high school manga, shojo manga, and drama. There is no foul language, no sex, and no violence in this manga. The story is told from third person close of the main character, Suzume. There Be Spoilers Ahead.
From the back of the book- Optimistic high schooler Suzume moves to Tokyo and finds her heart caught between two men!
After arriving in Tokyo to live with her uncle, Suzume collapses in a nearby park where she had once seen a shooting star during the day. A handsome stranger brings her to her new home and tells her they’ll meet again. Suzume starts her first day at her new high school sitting next to a boy who blushes furiously at her touch. And her homeroom teacher is none other than the handsome stranger!
Review- A good start to a series. The story starts with Suzume at her old school before the move, just living her life. She is aimless without any ambitions when her father gets a job overseas, her mother goes with him, and Suzume gets moved to live with her uncle in Tokyo. She has to learn how to make friends, as everyone she knew in her old town, she has known her entire life, and learn to deal with bullying from other girls. Suzume is young, inexperienced, and overly optimistic about everything. But I like her she is learning and not afraid to make mistakes, and I think that she is going to make some big ones. Of the two male leads I like her fellow student much better than the teacher, so I am pulling for him to win her heart. I look forward to seeing where Suzume goes and what happens to her on the way.

I give this volume a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment