Monday, July 2, 2018

Punch! volume 3


321717

Today's post is on Punch! volume 3 by Rie Takada. It is the third volume in her Punch! series. It is 208 pages long and is published by Shojo Beat. The cover has the second male lead Ruo on it. The intended reader is someone who likes shojo manga and funny characters. The story is told from third person close of the main character, Elle. There is no foul language, mild sexual content, and mild violence in this manga. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- It's time for Elle's boyfriend Kazuki to make his pro debut! If he wins this fight, he gets to take a shot at his Ruo. One the flip side, if he loses he gets kicked out of the gym. Thought she's against he fight at first, Elle eventually gives in to Kazuki's pure determination. With Elle in Kazuki's corner, winning seems like it's a sure thing- that is, until the rigorous training begins to take its toll on his body. Will Ell's love be enough to get him back on his feet and on the road to victory?

Review- Only the first quarter is on Punch! the rest of the volume is a series of one-shots by the author. But we get a good conclusion to Elle and Kazuki's story. Kazuki proves that he wants the life of a boxer and Elle is won over to his dream. I wanted to see more of their life as boxer and trainer, I wanted to see something about Ruo finally giving up on Elle romantically, I wanted more from the last volume of Punch!, but I did not get any of those things and that lowered my rating for this volume. It is still a good series and I did enjoy the one-shots that were most of this volume but I was still disappointed in this volume as a whole. I like Takada as a manga-ka and I hope that Shojo Beat will get more of her series. A nice, short series that was cute and fun.

I give this volume a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment