Friday, June 29, 2018

Wasteland King

27161818
Today's post is on Wasteland King by Lilith Saintcrow. It is the third in her Gallow & Ragged series. It is  313 pages long and is published by Orbit. The cover has Gallow on it with his spear and magic flowing around him. The intended reader is someone who has read the first two books and likes gritty urban fantasy. There is some foul language, no sex, and violence in this novel. The story is told from third person close of many characters moving from chapter to chapter as the story goes. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- The plague has broken loose, the Wild Hunt is riding, and the balance of power in the sidhe realms is still shifting. The Unseelie King has a grudge against Jeremiah Gallow, but it will have to wait. For he needs Gallow's services for a very delicate mission -- and the prize for success is survival itself.
In order to save both Robin Ragged and himself, Gallow will have to do the unspeakable...


Review- What a show this novel ends with. Saintcrow brings everything back around from the beginning and she ends the world in an interesting place. The characters have grown, the world is better (I think) than where we started, and everything is just nicely settled. I like that the characters were traveling very different paths and they ended up in every different places but their stories still touch. I think that this trilogy maybe the tightest plotting Saintcrow has done up to this point in my reading of her.  Gallow has the coolest moments in this novel and Ragged feels very secondary which was a weakest for me but in the  process of the story I understand but I still would have liked to feel that Ragged was more important to the end game. Still a solid ending to an interesting urban fantasy story.

I give this novel a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this book with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment