Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Home Sweet Murder

35106770
Today’s Nonfiction post is on Home Sweet Murder by James Patterson. It is 304 pages long and is published by Grand Central Publishing. The cover is grey with a rocky beach and a bridge in the distance. The intended reader is someone who is interested in true crime. There is mild foul language, no sex, and descriptions of violence in this book. There Be Spoilers Ahead.
From the dust jacket- Two true-crime thrillers as seen on Discovery's Murder is Forever TV series
HOME SWEET MURDER: Lawyer Leo Fisher and his wife Sue are a sixty-one-year-old couple enjoying a quiet Sunday dinner at home. Until a man in a suit rings their front door claiming to be an SEC agent. By the end of the evening, two people will be shot, stabbed, and tortured. And two others will fare worse . . .
MURDER ON THE RUN: The middle-aged housekeeper found dead with a knife in her throat was bad. But the little boy was worse. After a bloody double homicide that puts Omaha, Nebraska, on the map, Detective Derek Mois promises the boy's parents he will catch the killer, no matter how long or far he runs . . .
Review- I knew nothing about either of these cases and that made reading this book very anxious for me. I was very worried about the couple in the first story because I was not sure if they were going to survive their night of terror. In the second story I was worried about the killer being found and why he was doing it. The story telling is very good in this volume and I was on the edge of my seat for both stories. Patterson did a good job with handling both cases with care and tack because the first is very terrifying and the second a nightmare for all involved. We get details and insight into the minds of all the players but I never felt overwhelmed by what I was reading. If you like true crime and survival stories, then you should look this book up.

I give this book a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I borrowed this book from my local library

No comments:

Post a Comment