Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Murder. Interrupted


36673549

Today’s post is on Murder, Interrupted by James Patterson. It is one of his Discovery's Murder is Forever series. It is 295 pages long and is published by Grand Central Publishing. The cover is sunset scene with a man walking away from the camera on the highway. The intended reader is someone who is interested in true crime. There is some foul language, talk of sex, and violence in this book. There Be Spoilers Ahead.
From the dust jacket- Two true-crime thrillers as seen on Discovery's Murder is Forever TV series - premiering January 2018
MURDER, INTERRUPTED. Rich, cheating financier Frank Howard wants his wife dead, and he's willing to pay Billie Earl Johnson whatever it takes, to the tune of $750,000. When his bullet misses the mark, Billie Earl and Frank will turn on each other in a fight for their lives . . .
MOTHER OF ALL MURDERS. Dee Dee Blancharde is a local celebrity. Television reports praise her as a single mother who tirelessly cares for her wheelchair-bound, chronically ill daughter. But when the teenaged Gypsy Rose realizes she isn't actually sick and Dee Dee has lied all these years, Gypsy Rose exacts her revenge . . .
Review- Of the two murders detailed in this book I only knew about the second one and not all the details that is the book. The first murder I knew nothing about, it was quite a thrill ride with wondering if the wife will survive the hit-man who did shoot her in the face. The second murder I knew some of the details but having the full story laid out in detail made it so much more horrifying for me. Patterson has access to people, police and court reports to give the stories a more filled out feel to them. I liked how different the two stories were with Howard being a really bad guy but Gypsy Rose being more of a victim of her mother and doing the only thing she could think of. Howard is going away forever and I do not feel bad for him. But Gypsy Rose was a victim of life-long child abuse and I had more compassion on her and I hope that she can one day have a more normal life. Two interesting tales about two very different murders and murderers.

I give this book a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I borrowed this book from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment