Friday, March 16, 2018

Covenant's End


15268257

Today's post is on Covenant's End by Ari Marmell. It is 274 pages long and is published by Pyr. It is the fourth in the Widdershin's Adventures and as such you need to have read the first three books to understand the story. The cover is white with Widdershins sitting in the center of a golden circle. The intended reader is someone who has read the first three books, likes urban historical fantasy, and unusual stories. The story is told from third person close of mostly Widdreshins but some of the other characters get their thoughts put in too. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- The thief Widdershins and her own "personal god," Olgun, return to their home city of Davillon after almost a year away. While Shins expects only to face the difficulty of making up with her friends, what she actually finds is far, far worse. Her nemesis, Lisette, has returned, and she is not alone. Lisette has made a dark pact with supernatural powers that have granted her abilities far greater than anything Widdershins and Olgun can match.
Together, Widdershins and Olgun will face enemies on both sides of the law, for Lisette's schemes have given her power in both Davillon's government and its underworld. For even a slim chance, Shins must call on both old friends--some of whom haven't yet forgiven her--and new allies.
Even with their help, Widdershins may be required to make the hardest sacrifice of her life, if she is to rid Davillon--and herself--of Lisette once and for all.
 

Review- I was excited and sad to read the final volume of Widdershins and Olgun's adventures. I enjoyed the first three volumes so much that I was more than a little nervous about this book. I knew that everything was going to change because of the lengths the villain is willing to go. I was so afraid that Olgun was going to die to save Widdershins' life. But I was pleased with how the book ended. Everything turned okay, not great but the ending was probably the best that we, the readers, could have hoped for. I do think that Marmell can come back to Widdershins and that is okay with me. I would like him to return to this world because it is very interesting and we see so little of it but Marmell never comes back that it okay too.

I give this book a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I borrowed this book from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment