Monday, October 2, 2017

The Heiress and The Chauffeur volume 2


30851546

Today's post is on The Heiress and The Chauffeur volume 2 by Keiko Ishihara. It is the second in a duology. It is 192 pages long and is published by Shojo Beat. The cover has the two main characters on it looking at the reader. The story is told from third person close of the two main characters moving one to the other as the story goes. The intended reader is someone who likes cute shojo stories, historical romance, and pretty art. There is no foul language, no sexuality, and very mild violence in this volume. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Sayaka's father arranges for her to marry the son of an earl! Meanwhile. Sayaka has started to develop feelings for Narutaki... But with such a huge difference in their social standings, is it possible for Sayaka and Narutaki to be together?

Review- A cute ending to a cute series. We get lots of different scenes in this volume from Sayaka realizing how long she has loved Narutaki then they run away together for the day and night and they choose each other no matter what. We get kisses too and even a scene from the future which was a nice bonus. Ishihara does a lot with a short series. She gives us a full world with interesting and changing characters in it. We see how much our main characters care for each other and we want them to find a way. Sayaka's father was the weakest part of the series as a hollow villain role. In the last few pages we get information about her mother and how they met. I would have liked to that information earlier but if that is my only complaint with the series, then I think Ishihara did very well. I hope that Shojo Beat will bring over more of her work like Strange Dragon. This was a sweet romance and I really enjoyed this series. 

I give this volume a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment