Friday, September 23, 2016

The Pharos Gate: Griffin & Sabine's Lost Correspondence


25861970





Today's post is on The Pharos Gate: Griffin & Sabine's Lost Correspondence by Nick Bantock. It is part of his Griffin & Sabine series but not needed to get the story just something a little extra. It is 60 pages long and is published by Chronicle Books. The cover is blue with a postcard in the center. The intended reader is someone who has read the first trilogy. There is no language, no sex, and no violence in this book. The story is told from first person letters.  There Be Spoilers Ahead.


From the dust jacket- I've decided to throw caution to the wind and meet up the woman I've been corresponding with for over a year. I realize the absurdity of leaving everything behind for someone I've never seen, but I love her.
So writes artist Griffin Moss about his enigmatic love, Sabine. Their worlds seem so far apart: he in London, she on a tropical island thousands of miles away. But perhaps Griffin and Sabine are close than they think- or are they even further apart then they can imagine?

Review- An excellent addition to the overall narrative of Griffin & Sabine. This volume happens at the end of The Golden Mean. It adds to the details about how Griffin and Sabine were able to get to Alexandria and win a lifetime together. We also have Griffin's aunt's friend Maud and a friend of hers to give a outside look into Griffin and Sabine's very closed world. They see things more from our, the readers, perspective and can give us something more to the story. My favorite letter is the last one written by Maud's friend as she watches Griffin and Sabine find each other at last. Again the art is a very important part of the story and tells some of the story. Again an excellent addition.

I give this book a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this book with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment