Friday, September 30, 2016

Falling into bed with a Duke


24805225

Today's post is on Falling into Bed with a Duke by Lorraine Heath. It is the first in her Hellions of Havisham series. It is 372 pages long and is published by Avon Books. The cover has the main character with her back to the reader. The intended reader is someone who likes historical romance and heroines with a spine. There is some language, sex, and no violence in this book. The story is told from the third person close of the main characters. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- After six unsuccessful Seasons, Miss Minerva Dodger chooses spinsterhood over fortune-hungry suitors. But thanks to the Nightingale Club, she can at least enjoy one night of pleasure. At that notorious establishment, ladies don masks before choosing a lover. The sinfully handsome Duke of Ashebury is more than willing to satisfy the secretive lady's desires—and draws Minerva into an exquisite, increasingly intimate affair.
A man of remarkable talents, Ashe soon deduces that his bedmate is the unconventional Miss Dodger. Intrigued by her wit and daring, he sets out to woo her in earnest. Yet Minerva refuses to trust him. How to court a woman he has already thoroughly seduced? And how to prove that the passion unleashed in darkness is only the beginning of a lifetime's pleasure?


Review- The blurb is was drew me but the story is really quite good. I liked both my main characters, the misunderstanding was handled pretty well, and I believe that they will live happily ever after. The only thing that I did not like about the heroine was that she believe she was physically unattractive. It was the fact that she has a spine and mind of her own that made the men who wanted to court find her unattractive. But she did not see this until of course the hero shows her a picture of herself. Then she can see that she is beautiful. That annoyed me but other than that I enjoyed this book. The sex scenes are not too detailed and not very long, so if that offends you they are easy to skip. A very fun historical romance.

I give this book a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I borrowed this book from my local library. 

No comments:

Post a Comment