Friday, July 10, 2015

Silken Threats

22891995

Today's post is on Silken Threats by Addison Fox. It is the first in her Dangerous in Dallas series. It is 282 pages long and is published by Harlequin. The cover has the two main character's about to kiss. The intended reader is someone who likes suspense, romance, and interesting plots. There is some sex, some language, and some violence in this book. The story is told from the third person close of the two main characters; with villains thoughts added in for plot development. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

 
From the back of the book- Everyone has secrets, and some will kill to keep them buried...
It stared with a break-in. And though normally wedding dress designer Cassidy Tate could have handled it, having Tucker Buchanan's strong arms, quick wits and great dog as backup was reassuring! The former army engineer turned architect was the perfect guys in an emergency- and the fact that he was willing to pick up the pieces was even more appealing.
Because it turned out it wasn't a simply robbery. Someone was after something in the shop Cassidy and her fellow bridal boutique owners shared. Now Tucker didn't want to let Cassidy out of his sight. But was that to protect her- or claim her for his own?

Review- The blurb is not bad but Tucker is not like that. The plot is really interesting in fact the only problem I have is the changing of villains half-way through. Cassidy's ex-brother-in-law is the villain for the first half then her ex for the last half. Other than that I liked this novel. It is very different from everything else that I have been reading lately. It was fact-paced plot, interesting characters, and decent dialog. Normally a Harlequin is not my style but this sounded so fun that I just had to read it and I am glad that I did. The sex is more implied than anything and the violence is in an action movie kind of way. I liked all the characters and I think that I may read the next ones in the series because of the overall mystery. At the end who the real villain is still is unclear and what is driving him. All in all good fun read.

I give this book a Four out of Four stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this book with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment