Monday, March 30, 2015

MARS volume 15

543959

Today's review is on MARS volume 15 by Fuyumi Soryo. As it is the last in the series you need to have read the first 14 to understand the story. It is published by Tokyopop. The cover is painting that Kira did of Rei at the beginning of the series. There is no sex, no language, and violence in this volume. The intended reader is young adult but there is enough teen drama and the like that adults can enjoy it too. The story is told from Kira's perspective. There Be Spoilers Ahead.



From the back of the book- A Happy Ending?!
Are those wedding bells ringing for Kira and Rei? They still definitely want to tie the know, but there are tons of obstacles in their way. When Masao gets out of the hospital, he tries to harm Rei and sabotage Rei and Kira's special bond. Plus, Rei's issues about his past are preventing him from building a successful future with Kira. Can everything be resolved in time for Kira and Rei to finally walk down the aisle? All 14 previous volumes have been leading up to this spectacular, action-packed finale...



Review- The blurb for this volume really tones down what Masao tries to do. He stabs Rei multiple times and almost kills him. Rei does find peace with Masao and Sei. Kira and Rei do get married and Rei is going to be a professional racer. So all well that ends well. As an overview of the series it has a lot good with some bad. The art is top notch. The story is excellent, with character growth and development. The plot does get a little over the top sometimes but as it is a series about teens for teens of course everything is over the top. This is considered one of the most popular girl's manga in Japan ever. I normally do not go for real life stuff. I like fantasy, science fiction, or other genre stuff but this is a good story. In the end if the story is good then people will read it, always. I have enjoyed my re-read of this series and I remember why one of my best friends just loved it.


I give this volume and this series a Five out of Five. I get nothing for my review and I bought this series with my own money many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment