Monday, December 8, 2014

Samurai Deeper Kyo volumes 37/38

8263331

Today's post is on Samurai Deeper Kyo volumes 37/38 by Akimine Kamijyo. It is published by Del Rey. As it is the last two volumes in a very long series you need to have read the first 36 to understand the story. The cover has Kyo in the center in black, looking cool, with others of the cast around him. The intended reader is someone who likes samurai manga, lots of swords, and surprising romance. There is mild language, implied sexuality, and lots of violence. The story is told in third person god perspective with character's thoughts added in for plot and character development. There Be Spoilers Ahead.


From the back of the book- All paths lead home. The mad former Crimson King threatens to destroy all creation- and only Kyoshiro stands between Demon Eyes Kyo and his ultimate foe. Beliefs are on the line as the two friends and rivals cross blades for the final time. All secrets are revealed, all scores are settled, and all life hangs in the balance. At long last, the epic conclusion of Samurai Deep Kyo is here!


Review- I love this series. The ending was so great. Kyo and Yuya work it out. Kyoshiro gets to be with Sakuya and all roads led home. This series has been with me for so long. I have read it since it first came out here in the states over ten years ago. I have loved Kyo, I have hated him, but most of all I have traveled with him. As I was reading this series from beginning to end I was also thinking about myself. I would remember things from when I was first reading it. I remembered some friends who have passed away. I wish that we could have finished reading this series together. One of my dearest friends was the one who got me to read. I did not like the first volume but she convinced to me try the next. By the sixth volume I was as in love with Kyo as Yuya is. I recommend this series and I dedicate this last review of it to my friend Adrienne.


I give this manga series a Five out of Five. I get nothing for my review and I bought this book with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment