Monday, December 15, 2014

Mars: Horse with No Name

543980

Today's review is on MARS: Horse with No Name by Fuyumi Soryo. It is a prequel to the series MARS and it is published by Tokyopop. The cover has the main character Rei on it looking at the reader. The intended reader is someone who loves MARS, teen romance manga, and good art. There in no language, talk of sex, and no violence in this book. The story is told from third person with character's thoughts added in for plot and character development. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- We know how the story ended... but how did it begin? In this special edition of MARS, we explore what happens when Kira meets Rei for the very first time. Longtime friends Tatsuya and Rei are acting more like enemies these days as they battle it out for Kira's affections. Will they be able to mend their friendship and settle their tense conflict once and for all?
As a special bonus acclaimed manga-ka Fuyumi Soryu also includes two additional stories for your reading pleasure. Long love MARS.

Review- Once again I have a problem with a blurb. Kira is in like two scenes and that is it. It is about Rei coming back to Japan and making friends with Tatsuya. It is a good introduction to the series which I will be reading next. The art is great, all three stories are interesting, and I remember why I liked Soryu's art. The other two stories are just one shots. But they all deal with teens having problems as they grow into adulthood. Parents being bad, kids trying to be adults, and all the problems that comes with. But as Soyru is a shojo manga artist the stories have happy endings. She is able to make interesting and vivid characters very quickly. I am looking forward to rereading MARS. I hope that I still like it as much as I did so many years ago.

I give this volume a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for this review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment