Friday, September 19, 2014

Samurai Deeper Kyo volume 25

1194842

Today’s post is on Samurai Deeper Kyo volume 25 by Akimine Kamijyo. It is published by Tokyopop. As it is the 25th in the series you need to have to the first 24 to understand the story. The cover has Kyo and Yuya on it in the winter, it is very cute. The intended reader is someone who likes samurai drama, good art, and cool characters. There is no sex, some language, and lots of violence in this volume, older teens and adults only. The story is told from third person god perspective with character’s thoughts added in for character and plot development. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Akira, Benitora, and Hotaru continue to fight against Kubira’s deadly illusions until Antera enters the scene. While Antera reveals the secrets of her past, Kyo and Bontenmaru reach the final gates, only to be stopped by another of the powerful Twelve God Shogun!

Review- This blurb is actually not that bad. It does give a basic outline of the plot for this volume. All of those things happen in this volume. So I think that this is the best blurb for the series so far. Akira, Hotaru, and Akari made me laugh so hard in this volume. Because Bontenmaru ‘won’ by going with Kyo getting the right gate. They see this as losing to him. Then Kyo made me laugh by just being himself. Bontenmaru does not want to fight the guy who challenged him so he wants Kyo to switch with him but that does not go over well. But it is funny. Kamijyo does not do anything with one of the plot hooks from the last volume. Yuya saw what looks like her brother and now she is distracted by it. Akari is very concerned because she could not stop or get through to Yuya but does not know what to do about it now. I am very curious about where and how this is going to end. And I cannot wait to see what Kyo thinks about this. I am going to bet that he is going to kill someone over it. And look cool while doing it.

I give this volume a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment