Monday, April 14, 2014

Greywalker

140099

Today’s post is on Greywalker by Kat Richardson. It is the first in a new series. It is 352 pages long and is published by ROC Fantasy. The cover has the main character Harper with Seattle behind her with the cover is shades of grey. There is mild language, implied sex, and lots of violence in this book. The story is told from the first person perspective of Harper. The intended reader is someone who loves urban fantasy on the  gritty side. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Harper Blaine was your average small-time PI until a two-bit perp’s savage assault left her dead- for two minutes, to be precise.
When Harper comes to in the hospital, she begins to feel a bit… strange. She sees things that can only be described as weird- shapes emerging from a foggy grey mist, snarling teeth, creatures roaring.
But Harper’s not crazy. Her “death” has made her a Greywalker- able to move between our world and the mysterious crossover zone where things that go bump in the night exist. And her new gift (or curse) is about to drag her into that world of vampires and hosts, magic and witches, necromancers and sinister artifacts…
Whether she likes it or not.

Review- I really enjoyed this book. It was so different from the other stuff I have read recently. It was gritty with interesting characters and a world that I cannot wait to explore again. Harper is very natural. When she has all the weird stuff happen to her she thinks that she is going crazy. She believes that something must be wrong with her. In the end she has no choices but to believe it is true. I will say that as an experienced urban fantasy reader it can get annoying how Harper just never deals with the fact that this is her new reality but I cannot really blame her. Other than her fighting with what she sees I liked this book. It was fun, it has good world building, and interesting characters. In the next Harper is going to learning why she became a Greywalker and I am looking forward to reading it.

I give this book a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this book with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment