Monday, March 10, 2014

Eternal Rider

8843801

Today's post is on Eternal Rider by Larissa Ione. It is the first in her Lords of Deliverance series. It is 402 pages long and is published by Grand Central. The cover has a man's torso in greyscale with the author's and title in light orange. There is sex, language, and violence in this book; 18 and up just to be safe. The story is told from third person close of the main characters. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- They're Here. They Ride. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Born of a match between good and evil, four siblings stand between hell's minions and everything they want to destroy. They are the Lords of Deliverance, and they have the power to ward off Doomsday... or let it ride...
His name is Ares, and the fate of mankind rests on his powerful shoulders. If he falls to the forces of evil, the world falls too. As one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, he is far stronger than any mortal, but even he cannot fight his destiny forever. Not when his own brother plots against him.
Yet there is one last hope. Gifted in a way other humans can't- or won't- understand, Cara Thornhart is the key to both his Horseman's safety
and his doom. But involving Cara will prove treacherous, even beyond the maddening, dangerous desire that seizes them the moment they meet. For staving off eternal darkness could have a staggering cost: Cara's life.

Review- This was a fun read. I was looking for something fun and different; and this was it. If you like Paranormal Romance then you need to try this series. One thing that was different was no sex until about 2/3 of the book. The story does happen very quickly but the two main characters really talk. Not at first of course. At first they fight and yell and stuff but after that they talk. There is action, battle scenes, and over the top odds. I am looking forward to seeing where Ione is going to do with the other siblings. Especially with one needing redemption. Ione takes something so unsexy like the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse and make them fun and curious about how they are going to be saved. I thought the ending was a little much with Cerberus coming to save Cara's life but if I started thinking too much about any book I read I would not enjoy any of them. One thing that I truly enjoyed about this book was the descriptions of the landscapes. I really could see the places where stuff happened. I clearly envision the Greek Island where Ares lived or the hell realms where the fighting took place. Ione has a gift with that. All in all a solid and fun read.

I give this book a Four out of Five Stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this book with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment