Monday, September 20, 2021

Daytime Shooting Star, Vol. 4

Today’s post is on Daytime Shooting Star, Vol. 4 by Mika Yamamori. It is 192 pages long and is published by Shojo Beat. The cover has Suzume on it looking at the reader. As it is the fourth in the series you need to have read the first three volumes to understand the story. The intended reader is someone who likes shojo manga and coming of age stories. There is no foul language, no sex, and no violence this manga. The story is told from third person close of Suzume. There Be Spoilers Ahead.


From the back of the book- Suzume has moved to Tokyo and is living with her uncle. She is trying to get over Mr. Shishio, but they unexpectedly end up going to an aquarium together. Suzume enjoys herself, but Mr. Shishio’s confusing attitude puzzles her.


Review- The plot is really starting to build. Suzume is trying to get over her feelings for Mr. Shishio but now he is becoming interested in her. So he is trying to discover if they could have a relationship and it is confusing Suzume and makes me, the reader, very nervous for her. He is an older man who has more than one serious relationship under his belt and Suzume has never been interested in someone before. I know that part of the story is Suzume learning from this and becoming an adult but it is difficult to watch a young girl struggle with these hard issues. But I am with Suzume as she goes through this story and I am curious about what is going to happen next.


I give this volume a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.


No comments:

Post a Comment