Monday, June 14, 2021

Kenka Bancho Otome: Love's Battle Royale, Vol. 1

Today’s post is on Kenka Bancho Otome: Love's Battle Royale, Vol. 1 by Chie Shimada. It is 200 pages long and published in Shojo Beat. The cover has three of the main characters on it. The intended reader is someone who likes over the top comedy and shojo manga. There is no foul language, no sex, and mild violence in this manga. The story is told from third person close of the main character Hinako. There Be Spoilers Ahead. 


From the back of the book- Beautiful boy rebels using their fists to fall in love!

Hinako thought she didn't have any family, but on the day she starts high school, her twin brother Hikaru suddenly appears and tricks her into taking his place. But the new school Hinako attends in his stead is beyond unusual. Now she must fight her way to the top of Shishiku Academy, an all-boys school of delinquents! 


Review- A funny but mildly annoying manga that I am not sure about. Hinako was abandoned by her family for unknown reasons. In fact she doesn’t know that she has any family until her twin brother kidnaps her and forces to pretend to be him in his all boys school which is basically Fight Club. So Hinako does this for some reason that I don’t understand. All she has to do is just tell the principal but is never seen and she can go back to her normal life. But then we would not have the manga or the game that this manga is based off of. It is only two volumes long so maybe I’ll like the second volume more but I don’t have much hope. 


I give this manga a Three out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.


No comments:

Post a Comment