Monday, June 8, 2020

Skip Beat!, volume 16


3003909

Today's post is on Skip Beat!, volume 16 by Yoshiki Nakamura. It is 210 pages long and is published by Shojo Beat. The cover has Kyoko and Ren on it locked in an embrace. As it is the sixteenth in the long running series you need to have read the first fifteen to understand the story. There is no foul language, no sex, and no violence in this manga. The story is told from the third person close of Kyoko and at time Ren. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Saving Kyoko from Reino's attack has finally knocked some sense into ho's head, and he realizes how much he cares for her. But before he can declare his devotion, Ren shows up to ruin the moment. Both men realize that Kyoko has no idea of true feelings for her and begin a secret battle for her affections!

Review- After the previous volume intensity, this is a much calmer volume with all the drama being from Ren and Sho. We do see Reino but he does not intact with Kyoko and that made me happy because Reino was very creepy to her and I was really uncomfortable with their interactions. Ren and Sho both realize that they has feelings for Kyoko but I am not sure about how genuine Sho's feelings are or that they are romantic feelings. Ren on the other hand, his feelings are romantic and he is struggling with his feelings for Kyoko. That is really the plot in this volume. Not much plot movement but lots of character development so I enjoyed seeing Ren deal with his feelings after running from them for so long. Kyoko and Ren have some growth in their relationship and I am looking forward to seeing what is going to happen next.

I give this volume a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment