Monday, March 2, 2020

The Way of the House Husband, volume 2


44025159. sx318

Today’s post is on The Way of the House Husband, volume 2 by Kousuke Oono. It is 160 pages long and is published by Viz Media. The cover has Tatsu on it buying cabbage looking meaner than he is. There is no foul language, no sex, and no violence in this manga. The intended reader is someone who likes gag comedies. The story is from third person close following Tatsu. There Be Spoilers Ahead.
From the back of the book- It’s a day in the life of your average househusband—if your average househusband is the legendary yakuza “the Immortal Dragon”!
A former yakuza legend leaves it all behind to become your everyday househusband. But it’s not easy to walk away from the gangster life, and what should be mundane household tasks are anything but!
Review- I really enjoyed the first volume and the second volume it did not disappoint me. It is more Tatsu being himself and that's just what I wanted. Like the first volume we get a series of vignettes from his everyday life which is anything but average. From shopping for a family car with his wife and  Tatsu thinking all the way that someone may try to kill him in it or growing veggies on his balcony and the local police thinking he is growing something else, Tatsu's everyday life is one laugh to the next. Yes, it is a one joke manga but man the joke is great from any angle you look at it. I cannot wait to read the next volume and see what trouble he gets into next.

I give this volume a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment