Monday, March 23, 2020

Skip Beat!, volume 14


2425354
Today's post is on Skip Beat!, volume 14 by Yoshoki Nakamura. It is 200 pages long and is published by Shojo Beat. the cover has Kyoko as Little Red Riding Hood and a wolf on it. As it the fourteenth volume you need to have read the first thirteen to understand the story. There is no foul language, no sex or sexuality, and mild violence in this volume. There story is told from third person close of the characters. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Vie Ghoul is the new band burning up the charts by stealing Sho's moves, and Kyoko's hopping mad on his behalf. Kyoko's confrontation with Sho about his lack of action doesn't go will as she hoped - Sho get violent and the frontman for Vie Ghoul gets a good look at Kyoko's demons. And both men seem a little more interested in Kyoko than Ren would like...

Review- In this volume we see how Kyoko and Sho's relationship has changed, that she is not just nuts over him and he does not know what to do about it. Add in Ren's confusion and conflict about his feelings for Kyoko you have his part of the volume. Kyoko and Sho have a big fight about Sho's passive attitude about Vie Ghoul stealing his style and he blows up at her and hits her. Sho keeps surprising me with how much of a jerk he is. The volume is really about Sho deciding to be a pop star, I guess. I think that these Vie Ghoul's lead singer is going to be trouble for Kyoko in the future. But I am looking forward to seeing where she goes next.

I give this volume a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment