Monday, December 16, 2019

Yona of the Dawn, volume 8


34466613. sy475

Today's post is on Yona of the Dawn, volume 8 by Mizuho Kusanagi. It is 192 pages long and is published by Shojo Beat. You need to have read the first seven volumes to understand the story. The cover has Su-Won on it with an eagle. The intended reader is someone who likes fantasy, epic story lines, and shojo manga. There is no foul language, no sex, and mild voilnece in this volume There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Jaeha, the Green Dragon, joins Yona’s party after their harrowing adventure together in Awa. Now the group must find the Yellow Dragon—the last dragon from the prophecy that Ik-su told Yona! Meanwhile, Su-won visits Chishin Palace and tells General Geun-tae, chief of the Earth Tribe, that he should hold a mock battle and festival. But what could be the true intent behind Su-won’s proposition?

Review- The volume starts and ends with Yona and company but most of the volume in with Su-Won. At the start of the volume we get the last dragon the yellow dragon Zeno just shows up. He does not seem like much but I doubt that is true. Then we spend the giant middle part of the volume with Su-Won and it just made me dislike him even more. He knew about the problems in the kingdom and he did nothing to help. He was the nephew of the king, has his own power and money but did nothing until he murdered King Il. Seeing him now going around and helping fix things just makes him look worse to me because it looks like he did not want to help the kingdom in what ways he could because King Il would have gotten the credit not him. At this point I do not care what his reasoning is, he could have helped people who were suffering without killing the king and trying to kill Yona and Hak but he did not. The volume ends with Yona and company trying to decide what to do next and how to help suffering innocents. This was not my favorite volume and I hope that we do not spend too much with Su-Won; he is just a waste of ink and paper.

I give this volume a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment