Monday, December 9, 2019

Yona of the Dawn, volume 7


32918994. sy475

Today's post is on Yona of the Dawn, volume 7 by Mizuho Kusanagi. It is 192 pages long and is published by Shojo Beat. The cover has Yona and Jae Ha on it. The intended reader is someone who has read the first six volumes of the series. There is no foul language, no sex, and mild voielnce in this manga. The story is told from third person close of the characters. There be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- In order to free the port town of Awa from an evil tyrant, Yona and her friends team up with Jaeha, the Green Dragon, and his fellow pirates. While Hak and the others are fighting Yang Kum-ji’s forces, Yona and Yun infiltrate a human trafficking operation! When the enemy closes in and things look dire, what will Yona do?

Review- We finish the pirate story and then the big thing happens at the end. Yona  and Su-Won see each other at the end and he protects her from his generals. Yona is in shock and does not really react to him and she cannot speak at all. We now have three of the four dragons with Jae Ha deciding to come with the group into whatever future waits for them. Hak is still deeply troubled by Su-Won and his anger and desire to protect Yona is clearly seen in this volume. I feel that we are getting to the end of the first arc of the series but not until the yellow dragon is found. I really love this series and I highly recommend it.

I give this volume a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment