Monday, September 23, 2019

Yurara volume 3


1898904

Today's post is on Yurara volume 3 by Chika Shiomi. It is 200 pages long and is published by Shojo Beat. The cover is pink with Yurara and Yako on it about to kiss. As it is the third in the series, you need to have read the first two volumes to understand what is going on. There is no foul language, no sex, and no violence in this manga. The story is told from third person close of the main character Yurara. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Yurara finds herself drawn to Mei, but her guardian spirit prefers Yako! Can Yurara sort out her true feelings?

Review- So lots of things come to head in this volume. Yurara discovers that she is named after an ancestor Yurara and that when she learns to control her extreme spiritual powers, the guardian spirit will leave her. Yako realizes that he does not love Yurara but the way she looks when she transforms and that hurts Yurara but Mei loves the real her not her transformed face. Some ghost high-jinks happen but that is not real important part of the plot.What matters is that  the guardian spirit will leave Yurara when she can stand on her own. I am glad that the romantic sub-plot has been handled and I like who it looks like Yurara is going to be with, Mei does like her better than the guardian spirit. But I wonder what is going to happen to Yako then? Only two more volumes in this series and I am curious about how it is going to end.

I give this volume a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment