Monday, December 31, 2018

The Fox's Kiss, volume 1


37673614

Today's post is on The Fox's Kiss, volume 1 by Saki Aikawa. It is 192 pages long, it is the first volume in her The Fox's Kiss series and is published by Akita Publishing Co., Ltd. The cover has the two main characters on it. The intended reader is someone who is likes shojo manga, Japanese lore and very pretty art. There is no foul language, no sex, and no violence in this volume. The story is story from the third person close of the main female character.

From the Kindle Blurb- Koharu discovers that she now has the power to heal demons like her late grandmother did. The overly self-confident fox demon Iori takes a liking to her. The sudden kiss was a ritual of engagement?! What will happen to Koharu now that she has to live with Iori in human form...?!

Review- A very fun, pretty romance manga. I read this manga before it was licensed and I never thought that it would be brought over the US. I was very surprised and pleased to have found it on Amazon. It has some similar themes to other supernatural romance manga, like Kamisama Kiss, but I think that it is different enough to stand on its own merits. Koharu, after the death of her grandmother, can see and heal yokai. The first one she meets is a very handsome fox yokai who decides that she should be his servant. From here we have the basic story. I really like the characters, I like that Koharu is a healer, not weak but uses that to make her life easier like helping weaker yokai who then become her friends, I like the light romance, and Iori is funny. I am very excited to finally get to read the whole series.

I give this volume a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment