Friday, February 2, 2018

Glory in Death


268601

Today’s post is on Glory in Death by J.D. Robb. It is the second in her In Death series. It is 320 pages long and is published by Berkley. As it is the second in the series you need to have read the first one to understand the characters and the world. The cover is purple with handcuffs and a mansion in the background. The intended reader is someone who has read the first one, likes light science fiction and mystery stories. There is mild foul language, sex, and violence in this book. The story is told from third person close of the main characters. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- It is 2058, New York City. In a world where technology can reveal the darkest of secrets, there's only one place to hide a crime of passion-in the heart.
Even in the mid-twenty-first century, during a time when genetic testing usually weeds out any violent hereditary traits before they can take over, murder still happens. The first victim is found lying on a sidewalk in the rain. The second is murdered in her own apartment building. Police Lieutenant Eve Dallas has no problem finding connections between the two crimes. Both victims were beautiful and highly successful women. Their glamorous lives and loves were the talk of the city. And their intimate relations with men of great power and wealth provide Eve with a long list of suspects -- including her own lover, Roarke.

Review- A solid second novel in this series with some problems. In this novel we get more character development and relationship building. I wish that Roarke had not been on the suspect list for a second time, it felt contrived and it caused needless drama in the story. While I think that Eve and Roarke are good for each other, he did annoy me so much in this novel. His lack empathy to Eve’s emotional baggage was very trying for me to read. He wants more, I understand that, but Eve cannot give him what she does not have and him pushing her did not endear him to me. I wanted Eve to walk out on him and find herself and I was disappointed that she did not do that. But the murder was interesting and that is what this series should really be about. I did not guess the killer until the very end and I enjoyed the twists and turns as the mystery was discovered.

I give this novel a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I borrowed this book from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment