Monday, February 19, 2018

Codename: Sailor V volume 2


10858445

Today's post is on Codename: Sailor V volume 2 by Naoko Takeuchi. It is 291 pages long and is published by Kodansha Comics. The cover is a close up of Sailor Venus as she looks at the reader. The intended reader is someone who likes classic manga and shojo manga. There is no foul language, no sex, and very mild violence it in this manga. The story is told from third person close of Minako. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Its Valentine’s Day and chocolates are being exchanged, but Minako Aino can’t decide if she wants a crush to give her chocolates to, or just to eat them all herself. If stress of Valentine’s Day wasn’t already enough, now Sailor V has to contend with a chocolate shop fatting everyone up, and an evil spa draining people of their life force. It’s up to her to defeat the Dark Agency and their servant deVleene and maybe even find a Valentine of her own. 

Review- This volume finishes the prequel series to Sailor Moon and we leave Minako ready to meet the Sailor Guardians and save the world. Takeuchi did so much with this series and I really liked the set up work for Sailor Moon. Minako does grow as a character but it more about her remembering who she is and what her mission is. She does at the end and I look forward to seeing her again in main series. There are many stories in this volume that are building to Minako remembering her past as the princess of Venus and just a little bit about her future friends, the other guardians. I enjoyed this series overall and I recommend it.

I give this manga a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment