Monday, February 20, 2017

My Hero Academia volume 1


26036077

Today's post is on My Hero Academia volume 1 by
My Hero Academia series. It is 192 pages long and is published by Shonen Jump. The cover is yellow and has the main character with his hero in the background. The intended reader is male teenagers, people who like shonen stories, and interesting hero narratives. There is no foul language, no sex, and mild violence in this volume. The story is told from third person close of the main character. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Middle school student Izuku Midoriya wants to be a hero more than anything, but he hasn’t got an ounce of power in him. With no chance of ever getting into the prestigious U.A. High School for budding heroes, his life is looking more and more like a dead end. Then an encounter with All Might, the greatest hero of them all, gives him a chance to change his destiny…

Review- This was an amusing take on the superhero story. Something happened fifty years before and now 95% of all people are born with super powers. But our main character is one of the few that does not and make it worse he wants nothing more than to be a real hero like his hero All Might. All Might is moved by Izuku's courage and helps him become a hero but that is a plot secret so I am not going to tell you how. So now all Izuku has to do is get into the hero academia of his dreams. I liked it well enough but it is just a very basic shonen story. I do not think that I will be continuing this series at this time.

I give this volume a Four out of the Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I borrowed this book from my local library. 

No comments:

Post a Comment