Friday, June 24, 2016

The Tale of the Two Swords


50739



Today post is on The Tale of the Two Swords by Lynn Kurland. It is 103 pages long and is published by Berkley. It is a novella in Kurland's Nine Kingdoms series. The cover has a young woman sleeping on it. The intended reader is someone who likes fantasy, romance, and interesting characters. There is no language, no sex, and no violence in this novella. The story is told from the third person close of the two main characters. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Mehar of Angesand is looking for a mage to help her discipher a book of spells she found in her mother’s belongings. She arrives at the palace of Chagailt to find it in ruins and the king and his mage dead. The stranger who offers to help her in spite of that turns out to be much more than he seems…

Review- Another wonderful addition to the Nine Kingdoms lore. This is about how Mehar become queen of Neroche and it hints about how she made her sword that Morgan destroys. It is a journey story and shows how the kings of Neroche has always been the same kind of guy. One with too much of a sense of humor for their own good. Like normal I really like the characters that you  meet. I would like to read more about the side characters and I want to read more about Mehar and her king. Lothar is in the background and there is a new villain that I do not remember reading about before. I liked that Lothar was in the background, we do not really deal too much with him and his evil plans. He was just the reason for the story but no where near the point.


I give this novella a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I borrowed this book from my local library.  

No comments:

Post a Comment