Friday, April 15, 2016

Lord and Lady Spy


10729336

Today's post is on Lord and Lady Spy by Shana Galen. It is the first in her Lord and Lady Spy series. It is 376 pages long and is published by Sourcebooks. The cover has the two main characters looking at reader. The intended reader is someone who like historical romances, fun plots, and good writing. There is some mild language, sex, and violence in this book. The story is told from the third person close of the two main characters. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Let the games begin...
No Man Can Outsmart Him...
Lord Adrian Smythe may appear a perfectly boring gentleman, but he leads a thrilling life as one of England's most preeminent spies, an identity so clandestine even his wife is unaware of it. But he isn't the only one with secrets...
She's Been Outsmarting Him For Years...
Now that the Napoleonic wars have come to an end, daring secret agent Lady Sophia Smythe can hardly bear the thought of returning home to her tedious husband. Until she discovers in the dark of night that he's not who she thinks he is after all.


Review- A very fun book that plays with spies. It is based on the movie Mr and Mrs. Smith and it is very funny. I think that if you have seen the movie, you will have more fun than if you have not. The main problem for both of these characters is that they do not want to talk about what is really going on. Of course by the end of the book they do and they find each other. But it takes a long time to get there. I know it would have been a different book if they just talked to each other from near the beginning but still. It annoyed me. That was the only thing that annoyed me. Overall I had a great time with this book. It made me laugh, it was just fun for the most part.

I give this book a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I borrowed this book from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment