Monday, April 25, 2016

Kare Kano: his and her circumstances volume 9


287387

Today's post is on Kare Kano: his and her circumstances volume 9 by Masami Tsuda. As it is the ninth in the long running series, you need to have read the first eight to understand the story. It is 224 pages long and is published by Tokyopop. The cover has Aya and Rika on it. The intended reader is someone who likes high school love stories, cute romances, and humor. There is no language, no sex, and no violence in this book. The story is told from third person close of the main characters. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- The culture festival begins with a bang- Kazuma's band Yin & Yang rocks the house, and the curtain finally opens on Aya's play! But not everybody's mind is on songs and spotlights. Poor Tonami hopelessly pines away over the elusive Tsubaki, who is the kind of woman who loves to be free- even if it means being alone.

Review- Most of this volume is the play which is an allegory for the story of the manga itself. Which is fun but after a little while I wanted to get back to what was really going on in the story. That said I really enjoyed the play. But I enjoying watching Tonami and Tsubaki come together with what they both need and want from a relationship. The things happening the background of the festival were fun and funny to read. Yukino and company do not get much character growth but with more sinister overtones around Soichiro; I am sure that is coming. What is a little drama in a high school manga? Totally needed that is what.

I give this volume a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment