Friday, February 13, 2015

A Fistful of Charms

30260


Today's post is on A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison. It is the fourth in her The Hallows series. It is 510 pages long and is published by Harper Voyager. The cover has Rachel in a black dress with a charm in her hand. The intended reader is someone who likes urban fantasy, action, and thick books. Adults only is for the best. There is sexuality, lots of violence, and some mild language in this book. The story is told from the first person perspective of Rachel. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- The evil night things that prowl Cincinnati despise witch and bounty hunter Rachel Morgan. Her new reputation for the dark arts is turning human and undead heads alike with the intent to possess, bed, and kill her- not necessarily in that order.
Now a mortal lover who abandoned Rachel has returned, haunted by his secret past. And there are those who cover what Nick possesses- savage beasts willing to destroy the Hollows and everyone in it if necessary.
Forced to keep a low profile or eternally suffer the wrath of a vengeful demon, Rachel must nevertheless act quickly. For the pack is gathering for the first time in millennia to ravage and to rule. And suddenly more than Rachel's soul id at stake.


Review- I have enjoyed the Hallows books but Rachel was just all kinds of stupid in this one. She gets jumped by lots of wolves, chooses to save Nick when she should have let him die, and she gets more black on her soul. Rachel does so much stupid in this novel that she is become To Stupid To Live. I rarely think that about character's because in the end it is just fiction but Rachel was really just pushed my buttons with this one. I think that her lack of foresight about anything is what was doing it. She just reacted from one moment to the next then wondered why things went wrong. Lots of people wanted to slap her in this volume and I was one of them. The good things about this volume: Jenks is back, Nick is gone (and I hope for good), and Rachel says that she learned something about herself. I hope so. Because I am not sure that I could stand another book with her being this stupid.

I give this book a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this book with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment