Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lost in a Good Book

Lost in a Good Book by the very talented Jasper Fforde is the second book in the Thursday Next series.  It is published by Viking and it is 399 pages long. There are spoilers in this review, so if you do not want to know some details about this book then read the first and work your way through the series just like I am. This series is awesome! I'm so jealous that he has written this series and that I did not think of it. Literary detective Thursday Next stopped a madman in the first book The Eyre Affair and now she just wants to be happily married. But she does not get that because she trapped another villain in Poe's Raven. To get him back the corrupt company called Goliath, they basely erase her husband. So Next must learn how to control her book jumping abilities so she can get her husband back. But her father, a time traveler, needs her to help him stop the end of the world. To learn how to jump at will she is apprenticed to Miss Havisham from Great Expectations. This series I know sounds very hard but it is so easy to read. I have caught myself thinking about one of the many jokes in it. The jokes are all literary and so clever, it is just hateful. I think my favorite part of both books is the time she spends with her pet dodo Pickwick. If my next cat is okay with that name I am going to name them Pickwick and call them Pickers, just like Thursday. Pick up this series, I am not kidding! You will not feel bored and you will have a great time with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment