Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Grave Mercy very disappointing

Grave Mercy is by Robin LaFevers. It is the first book in the "His Fair Assassin" series. It is published by Houghton Mifflin is it an imprint of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing. It is 528 pages. I was disappointed in this book. It had a very promising plot line. I thought that I was going to be reading about a young woman, the main character is 20, learning to be herself in a world where she is an assassin for the god of death. Instead I got a average love story. I feel that the author broke the contract with me the reader. The writing is very good which is why I am giving it two stars because she is a wonderful writer. *Spoilers warning* I do not want to ruin the plot but my main problem was the main character had no reason to trust or like men. All her interactions with men had been violent. She should not have been swooning just from being touched by the male lead. She hints at being rapes, she is horrible beaten at the beginning of the book and when she gets to the convent all the women there have had similar backgrounds. I am just so disappointed in this book. I am very glad that I do not buy this book because I do not have money to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment