Monday, April 1, 2024

The First Night with the Duke Volume 2

Today's manga post is on The First Night with the Duke Volume 2 by Hwang DoTol and MSG (Artist). It is 256 pages long and is published by Netcomics. The cover has Zeronis on it. As it is the second volume in the series and you need to have read the first volume to understand the story. There is no foul language, mild sexuality, and no violence in this manga. The story is told from third person close of Ripley. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the manga- Nothing is going the way it did in the novel.
Ripley has to do whatever it takes to get out of marrying the obsessive main character! She tries to trick Zeronis into thinking she's gravely injured. But now that she's lying in bed pretending to be hurt, it makes her feel bad to see how worried he is about her. She never thought he'd be so concerned.

Review- Ripley continues to try and make the story follow the original one but nothing she does is working. So she decides to do something very crazy. She jumps out of a window and fakes terrible injures. But Zeronis is not put off, in fact he swears that she'll be the most beautiful bride in the kingdom. I really like this series, Ripley is so funny but so earnest, and Zeronis is a one woman man, even if the woman doesn't understand that yet. I'm so glad that this series has been brought over into English and I can't wait to read the next volume. 

I give this manga a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment