Monday, January 15, 2024

I Swear I Won't Bother You Again! Vol. 2

Today's manga post is I Swear I Won't Bother You Again! Vol. 2 by Haru Harukawa  (Artist) , and Reina Soratani  (Original Story). It is 180 pages long and is published by Seven Seas. The cover has the crown prince on it. As it is the second volume you need to have read the first volume to understand the story. The intended reader is someone who likes villainess stories, rom-coms, and shojo manga. There is no foul language, no sex, and no violence in this manga. The story is story from third person close of the main character, Violette. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the manga- All the World's a Stage
The daughter of a duke, Lady Violette, attempted to murder her half sister out of jealousy and was thrown into prison for her crime. After losing consciousness in jail, she wakes up one year in the past. This time, she decides to avoid attention and live a quiet and normal life. But the people around her can't help but notice that something's different. Despite her attempts to lay low, during a study session Violette crosses paths with the handsome price and student council president Claudia, as well as his closest confident Milania, and her childhood friend Yulan! And now her half sister Maryjune won't leave her alone, either!

Review- This volume picks up right where the last one left off with the prince about to go on stage. Violette helps him because she can without thinking about it but now the prince has noticed her. Of course now that Violette is just living her life without trying to get anyone to notice her, the prince is all over her and I am will her on being annoyed about it. In addition we see some of Violette's past when she was a child and the abuse that her mother did. Her mother made Violette dress as a boy and pretend to be her father. It was very twisted but it shows why Yulan is so attached to Violette and why Violette so badly wants to be loved for herself. I am looking forward to the next volume.

I give this volume a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment