Monday, December 4, 2023

Kiss Him, Not Me!, Vol. 4

Today's manga post is on Kiss Him, Not Me!, Vol. 4 by Junko. It is 168 pages long and is published by Kodansha Comics. The cover has Kae, Nanashima and Shinomiya on it. As it is the fourth in the series, you need to have read the first three volumes to understand the story. There is no foul language, no sex, and no violence in this manga. The intended reader is someone who likes shojo and high school rom-coms. The story is told from third person close of mostly Kae. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Hi again! It's me, Kae! After sweating it out with the boys, I've slimmed down again, but the fujoshi in me will never fade away!
After everything that happened in the last volume, Igarashi has now fallen in love with the true me. je's decided to continue his pursuit, but this time, he means business!
Igarashi's new resolve also spurs a change in Nanashima, and he doubles his efforts to win me over, it's great that they're both so fired up, but what's firing me up the thought of them possibly getting hot and heavy with each other...

Review- This volume is more about the boys and their inter-relationships and Kae is in the background having her fujoshi fantasies. But Kae is also learning to be real friends to the boys and getting to understand them. There is a little moment with some other boys are not good are hearing the word 'no' and Kae has to be rescued by her friends. The manga is really sinking into the silly theme and exploring the characters that live in this world and even in Kae's imagination. I would like to see some growth from Kae, maybe start thinking about the boys as real people, not just there for to her have fantasies about. 

I give this volume a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment