Monday, May 15, 2023

Cheeky Brat, vol 1

 

Today's post is on Cheeky Brat, vol 1 by Mitsubachi Miyuki. It is 190 pages long and is published by Yen Press. The cover has the two main characters on it. The intended reader is someone who likes high school romance and sports manga. There is no foul language, no sex, and no violence in this manga. The story is told from third person close of the main character, Yuki. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- I, Yuki, became the basketball team manager for one reason0 I had a crush on the captain and wanted to be with him, always. But when Kido-senpai suddenly announced he got a girlfriend, where did that leave me? In the clubroom, crying my eyes out... until this cheeky brat of an underclassman showed up. And now that stupid, pretty playboy, Naruse, seems determined to wiggle his way into every corner of my life...

Review- A cute first volume in a new series. Yuki did become the team manager to be near her crush but she also does a good job for the rest of the team and Naruse has noticed her and that. Of course that means he has had a crush on her the whole time too. Now that Yuki's crush is taken, Naruse makes his move. Yuki doesn't' know what to think about this younger man coming on strong but she does think that he is a brat! This manga is pretty funny, with some serious moments about young love and growing up. I like all the characters, the story is fun, and the art is good. I am looking forward to reading the next volume and seeing what happens to Yuki and Naruse's young love. 

I give this volume a Four out of Five  stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment