Monday, February 27, 2023

I Swear I Won't bother You Again!, vol 1

 

Today's post is on I Swear I Won't Bother You Again, vol 1 by Reina Soratani and art by Haru Harukawa. It is 180pages long and is published by Seven Seas. The cover has the main character, Violette holding a book on it. The intended reader is someone who likes fantasy novels, isekai stories, and shojo manga. There is no foul language, no sex, and very mild violence in this manga. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- A Chance to Set Things Right
The proud and beautiful daughter of the duke, Violette, has been thrown into prison after committing a crime of passion out of jealousy towards her half-sister, Maryjune. Condemned to jail time, Violette reflects on her actions and repents for her sins. As she does so, time begins to rewind and Violette returns to one year ago, when she first met her sister. Violette determines not go down the wrong path this time, and to become a nun instead. However, contrary to her wishes, she still ends up attracting all the wrong kinds of attention...?!

Review- A strong start to a new series. We begin after everything has gone down and Violette is in prison, just waiting to die. She reflects on her life and why she made the choices that led her there. When she wakes up in her past, Violette resolves to not make the same mistakes, to try and distance herself from the people who drove her into a jealous rage. But the change in her behavior attracts attention. That is mostly the first volume, some world building but lots of character development for Violette and some of the side characters. I like that the author addresses the change in Violette would make those around act differently too, most of these types of stories don't directly address that. So that is one thing that makes this manga unique. The art is good, the characters have layers that the reader starts to see as the story goes on, and the plot is interesting. I look forward to see what is going to happen next. 

I give this manga a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.


No comments:

Post a Comment