Friday, December 2, 2022

Wytches, Volume 1

Today's post is on Wytches, volume 1 by Scott Snyder (Goodreads Author), Jock (Illustrator), Matt Hollingsworth (colorist), Clem Robins (letterer). It is 192 pages long and is published by Image Comics. The cover is dark with a lone figure standing in a forest and blood coming from a tree. The intended reader is someone who likes dark storylines and monsters. There is some mild foul language, no sex, and some violence in this comic. The story is told from the perspectives of Sailor and her father Charles Rook. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- When the Rooks family moves to the remote town of Litchfield, New Hampshire to escape a haunting trauma, they're hopeful about starting over. But something evil is waiting for them in the woods just beyond town. Watching from the trees Ancient... and hungry.

Review- This is a good story about a girl and her father just trying to survive. Sailor saw something horrible happen to her bully and was thought to have something to do with the bully's disappearance. The Rooks family moved to try and make a new start. But the past, more than one past, is haunting and hunting them. There are many things to like about this comic but I think the best part is the relationship between Sailor and her father, Charlie. The pure love between them, the kind of love that makes hard choices. The story is interesting with just the right cliffhangers, the characters are interesting, and the art is good. I would have liked to see more of the Wytches in better light but that is the only complaint and the good parts out weight my one mild complaint. I would recommend this comic and I look forward to reading the next collection. 

I give this comic a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I borrowed this comic from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment