Friday, August 12, 2022

The Slayers: The Ruby Eye

 

Today's post is on The Slayers: The Ruby Eye by Hajime Kanzaka and art by Rui Araizumi. It is 198 pages long and is published by J-Novel Club. The cover is a close up of Lena with other characters in the background. The intended reader is someone who likes comedy, D&D, and action adventure novels. There is very mild foul language, no sex, and action violence in this light novel. The story is told from first person close of Lina. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Beautiful and brilliant sorcerer girls just can't have nice things, huh? All I wanted to do was swipe little bit of bandit treasure. Now suddenly I'm being chase around by icky trolls, nasty demons, mean mummies, and brooding golem bad boys. And for what? A tiny little artifact that can being about the end of the world? Hah! I'll show them there's a reason you don't cross Lina Inverse...

Review- A great first novel that does a lot of world building but has a fun storyline to get the reader engaged in the action! Lina Inverse is a very powerful sorcerer, who likes to take treasure back from bandits, stealing from thieves is cool, right? Well these thieves have stolen something very powerful and some very powerful people want it, some for good reasons and others for very bad reason. Add is a idiot blond swordsman and we have our novel. As a huge fan of the anime, this novel did not disappoint. I could hear Lina's voice as I read the novel and I had a great time with her. The world of Slayers is an interesting one with lots of different kinds of magic and different people who can use that magic. From Lina's black magic to the blond, Gourry's sword of light, there is so much to enjoy about this fantasy world and the characters in it. I look forward to reading the next volume. 

I give this light novel a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this light novel with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment